Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Hosting Thanksgiving Dinner

When my husband and I got married 7 months ago, we had a lot of fun making the house we bought our home. We painted it, decorated it, and made it OURS! It was exciting to have a place to call our home and to actually be living together for the first time was so exciting...and still is! 

*image not mine*
A few weeks into our marriage I had suggested that we should host Thanksgiving in our house. My family has been going through some transitioning and we have not had a Thanksgiving tradition for a few years now. (my mom, brother, and I all live in different states!) I really want us all to be in one place for the holidays and I think that our house is probably the best place to have it.   However, now that it is approaching, I am getting nervous. I have never prepared a Thanksgiving meal! My mom and my aunts used to always do it. My mom will be around to help me but I will be doing most of it because she won't be coming in until that day. I have to do all the shopping, prep work, and creating of the menu myself! 

If anyone has any suggestions or recipes, I am all ears! I am very excited to have my family coming over and to share the upcoming holidays as a newly wed with my husband. I hope this is the start of a great tradition. What is your Thanksgiving tradition? 

Be blessed- not stressed! (I am trying to make that my motto! Haha)

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment